On Thursday 9th December 2020 we had our very first meeting in New Zealand!
The meeting was in Auckland. Thanks Dr Marta Ribó for organising this.
Below you can find a brief description of each of the 5 SRAP-IEAP participants (in the photo, they are clockwise from left to right).
– Dr Pablo Higuera is a Spanish researcher who has joined the University of Auckland as a Lecturer in Coastal Engineering, Faculty of Engneering, University of Auckland. His research field is Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) applied to coastal hydrodynamics, wave-structure interaction, hydraulics and environmental flows.
– Dr Sonia Garcia is an early career researcher in the social aspects of fisheries and a mid-career professional in public policy and international governance. She is the Research Program Coordinator at the Faculty of Arts, University of Auckland.
– Dr Evert Leonardo Duran Quintero is an early career researcher at the School of Environment, Faculty of Science, University of Auckland. Expert in geophysicist with interests in borehole logging, seismic and potential methods in applied geophysics.
– Dr Marta Ribó is an early career researcher at the School of Environment, Faculty of Science, University of Auckland. She is a marine geologist with experience on evaluating sedimentary processes and hydrodynamics controlling the changes on seabed morphology, and evaluating human impact in marine environments.
– Dr Miguel Martin is an early career researcher at The Photon Factory, School of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Auckland. He is an expert of laser material processing, and his research is centered in lasers and photonics for the development of different applications, ranging from industry focused projects to research topics.
They all introduced themselves and told their stories about how they travelled from Spain to New Zealand.
For 2021 the SRAP-IEAP members in New Zealand are expecting to organise their first events, including a Research Bites.