Prof. Carl Munoz-Ferrada
Position: Research Director
Department: Clinical research
University/Institute/Company: Clinichealth and Gammasonics institute for Medical Research
Most of the work is to identify procedures and equipment that has been properly applied on the utilization in the Medical area of interest .
My work has taken me from Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Radiotherapy to Surgery requirements .
Present Projects – I am working on 4 different projects for the last 4 years at this time. 2 are about to be completed and the other 2 to be completed by the middle of 2016.
1) I-131 patient discharge with the correct time and dose to minimize radiation exposure to others. eg, family, members of the public, fellow workers etc etc….
2) Brain death identification to minimize transplants rejections.
3) Gamma probe utilized in lymphobiopsy procedures at the best efficiency and accuracy.
4) Pain killing utilizing sonic shock wave beneficial to patient health.
Disciplines: Biology, Computer Science, Medicine
- Biology: Anatomy, Biotechnology, Cancer Research, Chronobiology, Endocrinology, Entomology, Genetics, Human Biology, Immunology, Marine Biology, Mycology, Parasitology, Physiology, Virology
- Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Neural Network, Computer Communications (Networks), Quantum Computing
- Medicine: Cardiology, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Trials, Dental Surgery, Dentistry, Dermatology, Diabetology, Disaster Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Emergency Toxicology, Epidemiology, Forensic Science, Gastroenterology, General Practice, Hepatology, Implantology, Infectious Diseases, Medical Technology, Neurology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Oncology, Pathology, Pharmacy, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonology, Radiology, Respiratory Medicine, Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, Surgery, Transfusion Medicine, Traumatology, Urology